Lee grew up and went to school in Halifax, where he joined the RCMP in 1986. He has served exclusively in E Division for the past 29 years.
- Lee has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Management with:
- A specialization in Human Resources (HR)
- A BA Honours in History.
- He also has a certificate in Police Leadership and Management Development.
- Lee worked in uniform most of his career in:
- General Duty
- Community Policing
- Bike Section
- Highway Patrol
- He is an Internal Training Consultant and Use-of-Force Consultant for the RCMP.
- He currently is a Carbine Training Unit (CTU) and a Counter Terror Information Officer (CTIO).
- Lee’s professional qualifications include:
- Firearms instructor
- Police and Public Safety instructor.
- Lee joined the E Division Members Association (EDMA) in 1995 and has held various positions in the EDMA, BCMPPA and MPPAC, including:
- As a qualified HR consultant, Lee voluntarily advocates for members in areas such as:
- Human rights
- Codes of conduct
- Labour relations.
- Since 1995, Lee’s support of collective bargaining for members of the RCMP includes countless hours of voluntary service for his brothers and sisters.
- Lee performed this extremely rewarding work on his own time. He did this without the protections and promotions awarded to Staff Relations Representatives who fought against member rights, including collective bargaining, since 1972.